Thursday, March 02, 2006

Rubber Soul Blues

So yesterday was quite a day. For my feet. After years of living with them, and months of trying to get rid of them "diplomatically", I finally decided to have my plantar warts on the bottom of both heels cut out with a laser.

To anyone out there with such an ailment, I recommend that you get it fixed as soon as possible. I'd also recommend that you stay away from pansy-ass podiatrists who prefer to go about this process using acid/freeze treatments that are repeated every two weeks for months on end. Go with the doctor who greets you with an attitude of "we're gonna cut these suckers out and be done with it!". Trade in tomorrow's discomfort for today's pain, it's worth it!

Pain indeed; getting stuck with the numbing needles in the sides of my heels was no picnic. Realizing that the initial numbing job wasn't sufficient after the stench of laser-charred flesh was already filling room wasn't either. And the 3 weeks or so of recovery will surely have its moments. But at least they're gone.

Here's proof:



(my apologies to those who came across this picture in the Iris photo galleries- I never meant for them to stay in there so long, contaminating the population of otherwise cute pictures)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home